Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Berlin, and back again

Greetings, friends!

It has been quite the adventure over the past couple of weeks:  leaving for a week-long vacation to visit my friend Liesl in Berlin, experiencing what big city life in Germany is like (as opposed to small quiet town life where I am in BW), and going full speed through life without much rest.  It was fun for a while, but I'm ready to calm down and catch up a bit.

My trip to Berlin was amazing.  My friend Liesl's roommate let me borrow his bike, so we rode ALL over Berlin, saw many different sides to the city, mostly avoided the tourist traps, hung out with her friends, and ate some great food.  We actually cooked a lot - and every morning had a fantastic breakfast - we share a love for that meal.  For me, it was fantastic to just live life with her for a while - to see the school where she works, meet her friends, party in real Berlin style, bum around when it was rainy and cold, and share stories about the respective kids in our lives.  I didn't take a ton of pictures, since we were on our bikes and enjoying the time without stopping every 3 seconds.  But, I captured a few highlights.  Here a couple favs, and then a link to the whole album (with captions and wiki links for the landmarks).


Tiergarten




Liesl and I, at the Brandenburg Gate




Der Löwe

If you'd like to browse the whole album, you'll find it all right here: 
In den Ferien


Much love from Deutschland.

1 comment: