Saturday, October 3, 2009

Ein Blick auf BW: A View of Baden-Württenmberg

This morning, after I made a little coffee and grabbed a quick snack, Hugo (the bike) and I took off on a little adventure. I wanted to explore a little more of the area I rode in last Sunday, as well as take some pictures of the vineyards on the hills near here. My sense of direction is challenged here by unexpected twists and turns on the back roads. However, today I did pretty well, and ended up on some hills overlooking a neighboring town. The views were amazing...the hills, BRUTAL. I'm hoping by the end of my time here to be able to power up those hills without a second thought. But today, the higher altitude and my lack of experience made me walk up a couple of them. Here are some snapshots from the ride:




























2 comments:

  1. wheee! oh, so lovely! and it's also lovely to see you being you, touring around on a bicycle. i like his name!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pics! My expert couldn't come up with an 80s name for a bike (and you solved that problem on your own), but he did suggest you find an 80s "Atomkraft--nein, Danke" bumper sticker for it. :) Mach's gut.

    ReplyDelete